Monday, April 4, 2011

Lake Minnewanka: Spring May 2010 vs Winter March 2011



Do you remember my pictures of Lake Minnewanka from my post last May 2010?
You can read my old posts regarding that trip here and here


Lake Minnewanka is a gorgeous glacial lake located in Banff National Park - one of the most beautiful National Parks our country has :)

Just to give you an idea of where this lake is relative to where I live: to get to this lake I fly into Calgary (~3.5 hour flight) and from there it's about a 50 minute drive

Okay, so here's are a few older pictures from my late May 2010 trip last year





This is the lake where Dale and I saw a lot of mountain sheep last Spring :)


Do you see the docking cabin on Lake Minnewanka? Tell me if you can see it in the picture below

This is what Lake Minnewanka looked like last week Tuesday March 29th when Dale took me for a drive


Do you see the docking cabin on the lake here? 

It's a winter wonderland out there, but it's still stunningly beautiful to me ;)







And instead of seeing mountain sheep last week, we saw deer during our drive

Do you see the deer in the following picture?




Okay, I'll make it easier for you to spot them LOL




I'm so fortunate that Dale took me on both these trips out West :)
It was so nice to see how beautiful the lake looks like in Springtime vs late Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment