Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fitness Chalenge Week 2

With a lot of work, maybe these abs can be mine!

It's week 2 of my fitness challenge and so far, so good. In the past week I went to a stretching class, Pilates class and yoga class at Equinox. (The stretching class was a little lame.) I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy working out. Not only am I starting to see small changes on my body, I feel so much more open--meaning not tight when I bend down to pick something up or get out of my chair after sitting for a few hours. As another bonus, I'm starting to feel a little bit friskier (though that may be a result of see Priscilla Queen of the Desert!).

With about 2 weeks to go before Miami, crunch time is on. Here are my goals between now and then:
  • No desserts or candy, fruit is OK. (One exception: I'm headed to tea at the Plaza on Friday.)
  • Continue to cut back on crackers, white rice and bread.
  • Amp up my cardio. My specific goal is to get to a point where I can run fast enough that my pup actually has to jog to keep up. As it is now, my jog equals his fast walk.
  • Continue to make it to the gym at least 3x per week. 
Check back to see how I'm doing. And don't forget to vote on which dress I should wear in Miami from Rent the Runway!

Read week one of the fitness challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment